One of Council’s main activities is fundraising to support meaningful resources for students that might not be covered through the school budget. This includes extra technology, funding for teachers to use in classrooms, extracurricular activities, such as Scientists in School, parent workshops and sports equipment, to name just a few. Based on needs identified, the Council will vote on how the funds will be budgeted and spent throughout the school year.
Council typically raises money through active and passive fundraising, which allows you to shop for products or services with a portion of proceeds coming back to the school.
Last year Council was able to support the following:
Leveled reading books for each classrooms
Teachers’ fund for each classroom
Colours of the World crayons and pencil crayons for each class
Scientists in School
Outdoor Kindergarten play bikes and Trikes
Art supplies for the new rotary class
Grade 5 Moving on Ceremony
Council organizes special events, lunch programs and partnerships with retailers where a portion of sales come back to the school. Here are a few planned so far for this school year.
SAB School Council is pleased to host the Chocolate Almond Fundraiser once again. Historically, this is one of our most successful fundraisers of the year! We hope to engage our students with fun incentives, a little healthy competition between classes and acknowledge students' personal achievements.
The funds raised help support the students by purchasing materials, experiences and equipment that help enrich their daily experiences at our school
How does it work?
- On December 9, the eldest child of each family at the school will bring home ONE case of chocolate almonds. That’s one case per family, no matter how many children you have.
- 1 case contains 30 boxes of chocolate almonds. Each box is to be sold for $3.
- Each family will receive a School Cash Online payment request via email for $90.00
- Sell as many boxes as you can to your friends, family members and neighbors, in a safe and respectful manner
- If you want more cases: please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your eldest child’s name, teacher and classroom number and another case will be sent home
Will there be prizes? YES!*
- TOP CLASS – will enjoy a skating party accompanied by hot chocolate! Students that don’t wish to skate will enjoy another fun activity.
- 2nd Place Class – will enjoy a slime making workshop
- 3rd Place class – will enjoy an extra PE class led by our Mr. Kanalec or Mme Rovas
- TOP STUDENT – will win a $100 Chapters gift card
- 2nd place student seller – will win a $75 Chapters gift card
- 3rd place student seller – will win a $50 Chapters gift card
*Each case sold = 1 point/family. All students in the family will receive 1 point for their class. In the event your family wins a top seller prize and you have multiple children, we suggest splitting the gift card.
Don’t want to participate?
Please email email@example.com letting know that you are opting out of this fundraiser. Forget to email us? Not to worry, you can still return the UNOPENED case to the main office.
Thank you to all students, families and staff for making this possible, especially first-time participants!
First-ever Community Toy Exchange on December 15!
Building on the success of the annual community clothing exchange, Council is pleased to present its first-ever community toy exchange. Here’s how it works:
- Donate your older/unwanted toys that are in working condition by dropping them off the week of Dec. 12 in the school foyer outside the gym doors before school between 8:30 and 9 a.m. and after school between 3:00 and 4:00 p.m.
- Come shop on Dec. 15 from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. in the gym where toys will be resold, with all profits going towards Council initiatives that benefit our students.
It’s a win-win situation where you save money buying used items, while also keeping plastic out of landfills! We will need the support of volunteers for this event, so please sign up if you can spare some time for this important cause:
Pizza Lunches: Back by popular demand, Council will be hosting Pizza Lunches (Cheese or Pepperoni, 1-2 slices, $2/slice) every other Friday starting October 14, 2022. Parents will receive an email from School Cash Online when items are available to purchase. Note: parents will need to make one bulk purchase for the school year at the time of purchase. If your student is absent on a pizza lunch day, there will be no refunds.
Hot Dog Lunches: Also back by popular demand, Council will be hosting 2 Hot Dog Lunch days: December 14, 2022 and May 17, 2023. Veggie dogs will also be available. The cost is $2/dog. Parents will receive an email from School Cash Online when items are available to purchase. Note: parents will need to make one bulk purchase for the school year at the time of purchase. If your student is absent on a hot dog lunch day, there will be no refunds.
The Lunch Lady: A hot lunch program will be available to purchase for students every Tuesday and Thursday at SAB starting on Tuesday, October 4. $0.25/meal sold comes back to our school. Please see the attached flyer for menu options and details on how to order.
Mabel’s Labels: Visit campaigns.mabelslabels.com, click the "Support a Fundraiser" button at the top right of the website and select Sir Adam Beck. 20% of sales come back to our school.
In response to parent interest, we are offering the option to forward a one-time fundraising contribution per family in lieu of participation in Council fundraisers. Any amount that is suitable for your family is appreciated. This option is available through School Cash Online. One hundred percent of the proceeds from this contribution will come back to the school and will benefit your child.
Please note that at this time we are unable to filter the families participating in the one-time contribution from the distribution of fundraising materials. These materials will still be sent home with students and shared via email, but can be discarded if you do not wish to participate.
Note: Additional fundraisers will be voted on by the new Council coming in this October. Don’t forget to fill out your self-nomination form and join us! Becoming a member of Council is a great way to stay connected to what is happening in the school and community.