This letter is for families interested in the Toronto District School Board's French Immersion or Extended French programs. We offer an online process for applying to:
- Early French Immersion (EFI) which begins in Senior Kindergarten
- Junior Extended French (JEF) which begins in Grade 4
- Middle Immersion which begins in Grade 4 (available in a limited number of schools)
We guarantee an offer of placement in the program (not a specific school to all on-time applicants. Transportation is provided as per the Board's Transportation policy.
- Applications for Early French Immersion (for a Junior Kindergarten aged child), must be completed online between November 2nd 2015 and December 3rd 2015.
- Applications for Junior Extended French or Middle French Immersion (for a child currently in grade 3), must be completed online between January 4th 2016 and January 28th 2016.
Offers of placement within your chosen program will be made to all on-time applicants in the weeks following the close of the application window.
Please note: families with an older sibling currently in a French program are still required to complete an online application for a new student.
Further information on French as a Second Language programs and the application process is available online at www.tdsb.on.ca/french.
The French as a Second Language Department