Ryerson Community School is located on Denison Avenue in the heart of Toronto's Chinatown, and on the south side of Kensington Market, in the former City of Toronto. We are located beside the Sanderson Branch of the Toronto Public Library. We opened our doors in 1877, and have undergone many structural, cultural and social changes since then.
In partnership with home and community, Ryerson Community School strives to provide a safe, caring and equitable learning environment that enables and challenges all members of our diverse school community to reach their full academic, social and emotional potential. Every child who attends will be valued and respected and have every opportunity to become a successful life-long learner and a responsible member of our society.
As part of the Toronto District School Board, we value:
- each and every student;
- a strong public education system;
- a partnership of students, schools, family and community;
- the uniqueness and diversity of our students and our community;
- the commitment and skills of our staff;
- equity, innovation, accountability and accessibility; and
- learning environments that are safe, nurturing, positive and respectful.
Our web site is one way we can demonstrate these values. Click on the menu items to find out more about our school and please visit often.