Welcome to the 2022-2023 school year!
We look forward to students returning to school on
Wednesday, September 7th, 2022!
Online registration is for students new to the TDSB. Please do not complete an online registration for a current TDSB student. For further information and instructions, contact the school where you would like to register.
Need help? View the Online Registration Video Tutorial for more information. For technical issues related to the OLR application, please contact your local school.
Please go to the TDSB website for more information about registration.
TDSB HEALTH SCREENING PROTOCOLS
TDSB BACK TO SCHOOL WEBSITE
TDSB has launched a Back to School website for parents, caregivers and students that will continue to be updated in the coming days.
COVID-19 HEATH AND SAFETY MEASURES AND PRACTICES
Over the past 30 months, TDSB staff have been diligent in following the health and safety directions provided by the Ministry of Education and Toronto Public Health to manage COVID-19 and keep our schools and sites as safe as possible. Earlier this month, the Ministry of Education released its guidance for the new school year. They have stated that schools will begin the year in the same way that we ended last year, with only the most necessary COVID-19 measures in place. We continue to take our health and safety direction from the Ministry and Toronto Public Health and it is important to note that this is the current information and can change based on a change of guidance.
Screening – Students and staff should continue to do a daily self-assessment before entering school and stay home if they are sick.
Masks – The TDSB continues to be a mask-friendly environment inclusive of all staff and students. While the Ministry of Education and public health officials are not mandating the use of masks, Toronto Public Health strongly recommends wearing a well-fitting, high quality mask, especially in indoor public settings.
Testing – Rapid Antigen Test kits will continue to be available to students and are provided upon request and/or upon return from an unplanned absence.
Cohorting – Cohorting classes is no longer required for health and safety reasons.
Enhanced Cleaning – Caretaking staff will continue to perform routine cleaning of general facilities throughout the day and enhanced cleaning of high touch surfaces such as light switches, handrails, door handles, etc.
The most current information is available for families at www.tdsb.on.ca/returntoschool website or https://www.tdsb.on.ca/Return-to-School/Health-and-Safety/Daily-Health-Screening
Signing in and Out During the School Day
We strongly discourage lunch sign-outs in an effort to minimize contacts throughout the day. For those students who have appointments during the day, please notify the office in advance and then call the office when you have arrived at the school. Please buzz the office when you have arrived and we will bring your child to the front doors to meet you. Please allow extra time for this process, as students may be outside when you arrive.
School Yard Rules
We also ask that parents and caregivers of children from grade 1 to 8, do not come into the school yard in the morning or afterschool when dropping off or picking up your child. Please say good-bye to your child at the gate. We appreciate your cooperation with the school rules and routines.
Dressing for the Weather
All students must be dressed for all types of weather. Please make sure to send your child with an appropriate jacket, hat, mittens, rain boots etc. Gym classes are also being conducted outside on a regular basis.
MENTAL HEALTH AND WELL-BEING RESOURCES
We care about the range of emotions and questions students of all ages may be experiencing in this uncertain and unprecedented time of the Covid-19 pandemic. The change in routines and feelings of separation from peers, educators and other important caregivers may cause distress. However, this time offers an opportunity to strengthen our resilience and pay greater attention to our well-being.
Need immediate help?
- If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health or substance use emergency, call 9-1-1 or go to the emergency room of your local hospital.
- If you are not sure if it is an emergency, or just need to talk through the situation, consider reaching out to:
- Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000
- Kids Help Phone at 1-800-668-6868 or texting CONNECT to 686868
- Mental Health TO at 1-866-585-6486 for free phone or video mental health counselling for infants, children, youth and families
- 211 – call 2-1-1 or text 21166 (M-F 7am – 9pm) finding supports in the community such as food banks, housing and more.
- Toronto Public Health – (416-338-7600) Up-to-date Covid-19 information for the City of Toronto
- Distress Centres of Greater Toronto – (416-408-4357 or text 45645) 24/7 support, 365 days a year, for individuals in crisis
- Assaulted Women’s Helpline – (1-866-863-0511 or text #SAFE (#7233) on Bell, Rogers, Fido or Telus). Free, anonymous & confidential 24-hour helpline for women in Ontario experiencing any form of abuse.
- A MESSAGE FROM TRUSTEE SHELLEY LASKIN We are fortunate to that Trustee Shelley Laskin as one of our Armour Heights partners! Please review Trustee Laskin's letter