Welcome to Armour Heights!
Online registration is for students new to the TDSB. Please do not complete an online registration for a current TDSB student. For further information and instructions, contact the school where you would like to register.
Need help? View the Online Registration Video Tutorial for more information. For technical issues related to the OLR application, please contact your local school.
Please go to the TDSB website for more information about registration.
KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION SEPTEMBER 2023
Registration for all TDSB English Kindergarten programs begins in February. Families have the option of registering their child online at www.tdsb.on.ca/kindergarten or in-person at the school.
For September 2023 entry into an Early French Immersion Program, the deadline to apply was November 25, 2022. Applications that are submitted after this deadline will be marked as late and accommodated if space in the program is available. French Immersion caregivers who applied in November and accepted an offer of placement for their child via the central application process will receive registration information for their child(ren) by email directly from TDSB Registration (firstname.lastname@example.org)
TDSB HEALTH SCREENING PROTOCOLS
HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES AND PRACTICES
We continue to take our health and safety direction from the Ministry and Toronto Public Health and it is important to note that this is the current information and can change based on a change of guidance.
Screening – Students and staff should continue to do a daily self-assessment before entering school and stay home if they are sick.
Masks – The TDSB continues to be a mask-friendly environment inclusive of all staff and students. While the Ministry of Education and public health officials are not mandating the use of masks, Toronto Public Health strongly recommends wearing a well-fitting, high quality mask, especially in indoor public settings.
Cohorting – Cohorting classes is no longer required for health and safety reasons.
Enhanced Cleaning – Caretaking staff will continue to perform routine cleaning of general facilities throughout the day and enhanced cleaning of high touch surfaces such as light switches, handrails, door handles, etc.
Signing In and Out During the School Day
We strongly discourage lunch sign-outs in an effort to minimize contacts throughout the day. For those students who have appointments during the day, please notify the office in advance and then call the office when you have arrived at the school. Please buzz the office when you have arrived and we will bring your child to the front doors to meet you. Please allow extra time for this process, as students may be outside when you arrive.
School Yard Rules
We also ask that parents and caregivers of children from Grades 1 to 8, do not come into the school yard in the morning or afterschool when dropping off or picking up your child. Please say good-bye to your child at the gate. We appreciate your cooperation with the school rules and routines.
Dressing for the Weather
All students must be dressed for all types of weather. Please make sure to send your child with an appropriate jacket, hat, mittens, rain boots etc. Gym classes are also being conducted outside on a regular basis.
MENTAL HEALTH AND WELL-BEING RESOURCES
We care about the range of emotions and questions students of all ages may be experiencing. It is very important to always pay close attention to our mental health and well-being.
Need immediate help?
- If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health or substance use emergency, call 9-1-1 or go to the emergency room of your local hospital.
- If you are not sure if it is an emergency, or just need to talk through the situation, consider reaching out to:
- Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000
- Kids Help Phone at 1-800-668-6868 or texting CONNECT to 686868
- Mental Health TO at 1-866-585-6486 for free phone or video mental health counselling for infants, children, youth and families
- 211 – call 2-1-1 or text 21166 (M-F 7am – 9pm) finding supports in the community such as food banks, housing and more.
- Toronto Public Health – (416-338-7600) Up-to-date Covid-19 information for the City of Toronto
- Distress Centres of Greater Toronto – (416-408-4357 or text 45645) 24/7 support, 365 days a year, for individuals in crisis
- Assaulted Women’s Helpline – (1-866-863-0511 or text #SAFE (#7233) on Bell, Rogers, Fido or Telus). Free, anonymous & confidential 24-hour helpline for women in Ontario experiencing any form of abuse.
- A MESSAGE FROM TRUSTEE SHELLEY LASKIN We are fortunate to that Trustee Shelley Laskin as one of our Armour Heights partners! Please review Trustee Laskin's letter