School Fundraising

School Fundraising

Due to the limited budget available to schools, there is a real need to supplement funding available from the Toronto District School Board (TDSB).  The FSA at Armour Heights raises money through a variety of events, namely our annual Silent Auction/Dinner & Dance for the parents.  We also run a direct donation program which eliminates the need for door-to-door selling by our students. We have a very motivated and committed Fundraising team this year and are able to generate funds through pizza lunches, Subway lunches, Acorn Cards, cookie dough sales and events at the school. We are refocussing our efforts into intitatives that provide something for your monetary support.

Currently the FSA operates with a budget of just over $47,000. More than 70% of all funds raised by the FSA go directly into curriculm-related initiatives to enrich the experience for our students.  The remaining 30% is directed towards special events and services for our students, as well as large capital expenditure projects such as school yard improvements and the addition of new technologoy in the classroom.

Curriculum Enrichment

  • Performing Arts 
  • Visual Arts (materials & supplies for all teachers)
  • Learning Though the Arts
  • Library (books and magazine subsciptions) 
  • Computer hardware & software (printers, repairs, replacements)
  • Music / Drama (musical production, live performances)
  • Physical Education (equipment, team uniforms)
  • Eco Club (bulb planting,  equipment)
  • Science & Math (funding the "Scientists in the School" program for JK - 6)
  • Direct Classroom Investment

Special Events & Other

  • Bike Rodeo
  • Hygiene supplies for each classroom
  • Welcome Back BBQ for students, staff and families
  • Lice checks (PDF fact sheet from the TDSB)
  • Grade 6 graduation and trip subsidy
  • Communications (website maintenace and Family Directory)
  • Walk to School
  • Babysitting Course for Grade 6 students
  • Student Agendas

Capital Expenditure Projects

Armour Heights has a TDSB Long-Term Planning PART Study happening in September 2020. This study is to decide whether it makes sense for Armour to move from K-Grade 6 to a K-Grade 8 level. The money we raise over the next couple years could play a crucial role in the preparation of our school and it's resources for the addition of Grade 7 and 8.

How We Plan To Raise Money

The FSA at Armour Heights has three major fund raisers throughout the year:

Direct Family Donations:  Close to 30% of all funds raised each year are derived from the direct family donation program each Fall.  This is a newer form of fundraising that replaces former programs such as selling gift wrap, chocolate bars, etc.

Silent Auction/Dinner & Dance:  While this is a fund raiser for the school, it is also a time for parents to come together and have a fun evening together.  There is a live auction and silent auction.