One measure of keeping students safe is ensuring students have safely arrived at school. If your child is going to be late or absent for any reason, it is important that you contact the office immediately and report the reason for the absence.
At the Toronto District School Board (TDSB) we now have an automated call-out system that will attempt to contact you if your child is late or absent on the day where the school was not previously informed.
The system call-out will work as follows:
Parents/guardians identified in TDSB’s Student Information Systems who has access to student records, and emergency contact with priority 1 or 2 will receive a call.
- When you receive the call, you are required to listen to the entire message and follow the prompts accordingly.
- You will be asked if you are aware or unaware of your child’s absence.
- If unaware, you will be asked to call the school immediately.
- If you are aware of the absence, you will be asked to enter the reason for your child’s absence.
- The following options will be provided for you:
- Doctor Appointment
- Dentist Appointment
- Family Matter
- At the end of the message, you will have to press 2 to confirm you received the message.
- If you do not confirm receipt, you will receive a call on your mobile phone.
- If there is no response from a Priority 1 contact, this same process will be followed for Priority 2 contacts.
- If there is no contact with either Priority 1 or Priority 2, this entire process will be repeated 3 times in 10 minute intervals.
In the evening, all parents/guardians of students who were late that day will receive a call informing them of their child’s tardiness.
With this in mind, it is important that your contact information on file at the office is current and up-to-date. Please let the office know immediately if your contact information changes at any time throughout the school year.
We recognize that regular attendance is essential to the safety, academic success, and well-being of all students. Thank you for your continued cooperation to keep your child safe and accounted for.
Davisville Safe Arrival # 416-393-0570
Please remember to call the Safe Arrival Phone Line if your child is going to be away from school. You may call 24 hours a day and leave a message. It is very important that the school is aware of when your child will not be at school. It is our duty and responsibility to keep children safe. A quick phone call from you will help assist our office staff in this task and eliminate us having to call you.
Our school has an automated Safe Arrival program. If you do not contact the school prior to 9:00 a.m. to report your child's absence or late arrival, our system will call you. When you receive this call, please listen to the message and choose the appropriate prompt to press to inform us of the reason your child is away. If you do not follow this process, the system will call you 3 times in the morning, 3 times at lunch, and 3 times after school. Listening to the message and following the prompts is the only way to stop this process once it has begun.
Thank you for your cooperation in helping to keep children safe.