DMCI Guidance is currently open for the 2021-2022 year
The Guidance office is open to students. parents interested in communication with teh guidance satff shoudl call or email.
Students: To book an appointment please call the guidance office at (416) 395-3192 ext 20040 or visit the guidance secretary before school, lunch time or after school. The guidance secretary will help you connect with a guidance counselor via phone, email, virtually, or in-person
ATTENTION: For important timely announcements from student services, please join our Student Services Google classroom at: https://classroom.google.com/c/Mzk3ODk1NDQ5NDcx?cjc=6bajrzs
2021 DMCI open house and Grade 8 information night: Wednesday November 24th, 2021 @ 6:00 pm
- Hello DMCI parents, guardians and students. On Wednesday November 24th, 2021 @ 6:00 pm Don Mills Collegiate Institute is hosting our annual DMCI open house and Grade 8 information night.
- A special presentation about our Cyber Arts program and Gifted program will follow at 7:00 pm.
- To join the DMCI open house at 6pm, please use the following link to join the zoom presentation: https://tdsb-ca.zoom.us/s/98637784667 or join by phone (audio only) by dialing +16475580588,,98637784667# or +16473744685,,98637784667#
- To join the Cyber Arts presentation @ 7pm, please continue in the original zoom meet: https://tdsb-ca.zoom.us/s/98637784667
- To join the Gifted presentation @ 7pm, please use this link: https://tdsb-ca.zoom.us/j/96294146697?pwd=TStYQndpNitka0RJRUtuVHFGMURFdz09
- Please note, all presentations will be recorded.
We know parents want the best education for their children so our goal is to provide your family with a positive learning environment and a variety of programs and services that promote outstanding student achievement. We value the partnership between home and school and know that parental involvement is the key to student success.
UPDATE: Due to COVID-19, DMCI will not be hosting an in-person Post Secondary Fair. All students and families are encouraged to participate in the individual college or univeristy visits or visit College or univeristy websites and register for thier open house happening in the fall on multiple dates.
UPDATE: Individual university and college virtual information sessions will be scheduled for DMCI students in October and November 2021. Individual College and Univeristy virtual visit date/time can be found on the DMCI google calandar and are also posted in the Student Services google classroom: https://classroom.google.com/c/Mzk3ODk1NDQ5NDcx?cjc=6bajrzs
Families are also always encouraged to participate in virtual open houses offered by each university/College. We’re hoping that our DMCI students do research and ask the reps relevant questions that will ease their stress levels and help them make informed and confident post-secondary decisions.
In semester 2 we start the course selection process. Students will be provided with all the information needed to select courses for the upcoming year. All students will have the opportunity to select their courses through myBlueprint. The deadline to select courses is TBA.
Secondary Optional Attendance – Key Dates:
January 28, 2022
Optional attendance forms due at secondary school
February 11, 2022February 22, 2022
Date for parents/guardians of students to be informed of the status of the application request
Parents/guardians must inform the requested school of their acceptance of the offer via email and submit course selections via MyBlueprint
Your Don Mills Student Services Contacts:
Jen Rayner: – Alpha A – H (2021-2022 school year)
Paul Stoitsiadis: – Alpha I – P (2021-2022 school year) - Department head
Maria Carey: - Alpha Q - Z (2021-2022 school year)
Rory Stretch: - International Students only (2020-2021 school year)
Telephone 416-395-3192 ext. 20040