Nelson Mandela Park PS
As part of the Toronto District School Board, we value
- each and every student;
- a strong public education system;
- a partnership of students, schools, family and community;
- the uniqueness and diversity of our students and our community;
- the commitment and skills of our staff;
- equity, innovation, accountability and accessibility; and
- learning environments that are safe, nurturing, positive and respectful.
As a school we continue to focus on:
- Numeracy – Addressing educator learning needs in understanding the student numeracy learning continuum
- Literacy – Comprehensive literacy with a focus on using Culturally Relevant and Responsive Pedagogy.
- Promoting an anti-oppressive stance within an explicit focus on confronting anti-black racism
- Building staff strategies to support student coping skills to build feelings of optimism and safety.