How to obtain an appointment?
- If you are currently a student in a Canadian school, you may contact the Guidance secretary at (416) 395-3192, x 20040 to request an appointment.
- If you are a newcomer to Canada wishing to enter Don Mills CI
- Contact the Georges Vanier Newcomer Reception Centre at (416) 395-9440 for an appointment. Students usually spend a full day in the reception centre, involved in activities designed to assess individual students' educational backgrounds, levels of proficiency in English and Mathematics, learning styles, strengths and needs. You will be instructed to contact the Guidance office of the school assigned to your home address to arrange a registration appointment.
- Our Guidance secretary can be reached at (416) 395-3192, x 20040 to request an appointment.
What to bring to the registration appointment?
Students from schools in Ontario
1. Proof of residency in the Don Mills C.I. area
-original rental or purchase agreement
- a driver's licence or original copies of utility bills
2. Personal identification
- birth certificate, passport, Canadian citizenship
3. Your most recent report card
4. A current transcript
5. If identified "exceptional," your most recent IEP
6. If you have been in a Grade 10 program, your LITERACY TEST (OSSLT) results, if available
Students from schools outside Ontario
In addition to 1-6, please bring the following
7. Assessment of English and Mathematics levels from a TDSB Reception Centre
8. Immunization record
Last week of August and beyond…
Upon completion of the initial registration with our Guidance Secretary, a Guidance Counsellor will meet with the student to discuss the course options available and to create a suitable timetable. After you have met with a Guidance Counsellor, you will be invited to return to DMCI for an Orientation Tour.
Orientation Tours for students new to DMCI
On the last Friday before the Labour Day weekend all new registrants (ESL, VISA, regular) are invited to an Orientation Event held in the Library at 10 a.m. Information about the school in general is presented, payment of the SAC (registration) fee is made, timetables are distributed and a tour of the facility is provided. All family members are welcome.
Students who do not live in our area but are interested in attending can apply to DMCI through optional attendance. You can request an application hard copy at your current school. The CyberArts program at DMCI also conducts interviews for this specialized program and further information can be obtained in guidance about entrance procedures.