For all inquiries to the Guidance Office regarding admissions, registration, optional attendance, etc., please send an email to email@example.com
- **Please note: TDSB requires schools to see ORIGINAL & CURRENT documents for student registrations.**
- Students who are newcomers to Ontario, see BOTH STEPs 1 & 2.
- Families living inside the Harbord catchment area and your child is currently attending a TDSB elementary school, please notify the guidance counsellor at your child's current elementary school that you would like your child to attend Harbord in September of the next school year.
- Students who are currently attending a NON-TDSB elementary school (catholic school board, private school, etc.), please see STEP 2 below and email the Harbord Guidance Office, firstname.lastname@example.org, to set up a registration appointment.
- If the student is currently attending a TDSB secondary school, the current secondary school is deemed the home school and the student may apply to Harbord via the Optional Attendance process. See above (top of this page) for more information regarding the optional attendance process. See the Optional Attendance application information at the top of this page.
- If the student is a newcomer to Ontario or is returning from another province or another country after an extended stay, please see the following linked page for more information: http://www.tdsb.on.ca/Newcomers/Students.aspx
: Arrange an appointment with the West End Reception Centre. They will tell you what documents you and the student will need to bring on the day of the appointment. At the conclusion of the student’s assessment at the West End Reception Centre, you will receive a sealed package of the results and advise a list of secondary schools available to the student based on, but not limited to, the primary residential address and results. On the appointment date at Harbord C. I., the parent/legal guardian and the student will need to bring the sealed package from the West End Reception Centre and all original documents as listed below.
All secondary school age students holding Canadian citizenship status, permanent resident, or parent on a work permit status who are arriving to Ontario for the first time or returning to Ontario after residing outside of the province for an extended period begin by visiting a Newcomer Reception Centre to have English language and mathematics skills assessed. This assessment will help schools offer the supports needed as students begin studying in Canada.
Arrange an appointment by calling the
West End Reception Centre
777 Bloor Street West, 4th floor, Toronto, ON
(No email address available for the West End Reception Centre)
(Located on the south side of Bloor Street West at Christie subway station)
Map and directions to West End Reception Centre
Contact Harbord C. I. Guidance Office by email to book a registration appointment for a date.
Email: email@example.com for a registration appointment. Please include the student's name in subject line and attach a completed registration form. Student Registration Form - Download the 4-page form here >>> Student Registration Form - rev March2016.pdf
Note: Parents must present current ORIGINAL documents to the registration appointment. Registration appointments may be rescheduled when required documents are incomplete. Additional documentation may be required on a case-by-case basis.
To verify if your home address is in the Harbord catchment area, please visit this link: http://www.tdsb.on.ca/Findyour/School/Byaddress.aspx
Admission eligibility and documentation requirements for students living within the Harbord catchment area.
You will need to bring ***ALL required documentation*** to your registration/admissions interview for admissions as listed below.
Additional documentation may be requested on a case by case basis.
1. Proof of Primary Residential Address, any two items; please note that both
documents must show the name of the parent/legal guardian and primary home
- Current Lease or Deed
- Current Utility Bill
- Current Property Tax Bill
- Current Motor Vehicle Ownership and
- Original Interim Property Tax Bill
- Health Card
- Current Bank Statement
- Original Credit Card Statement (personal
information on document may be
- Recent correspondence from a government
- Most recent original Income Tax Assessment
(personal information on document
may be blocked out)
- Recent correspondence from a Municipal,
Federal or Provincial Government
2. Proof of Legal Names, Date of Birth and Citizenship (any 1 item)
***Students who do not hold Canadian citizenship status, please provide the student's home country passport that documents the first entry date into Canada.***
Birth Certificate (The Canadian birth certificate is preferred.)
Canadian Citizenship Card or Certificate
Confirmation of Permanent Residence
Permanent Resident Card
TDSB School Admission Letter
Refugee Claimant papers
3. High School Transcript, Credit Counselling Summary and Report Card from the current or most recent school attended.
4. Special Education information, I.E.P. and other documentation (if applicable)
5. Ontario Health Card or other health insurance coverage for the student
6. Business Telephone Numbers and Email Addresses for parents/guardians
7. Two (2) Emergency Contact Names and Telephone numbers other than parents/guardians
8. Student Registration Form - Download the 4-page form here >>> Student Registration Form - rev March2016.pdf
9. Both student and a parent/legal guardian must attend the registration appointment
10. Both birth parents are assumed to have joint custody of the student age under 18 years old. If this is not the case, please bring court documentation to verify custody and legal guardianship.
If you require additional information, clarification or to book a registration appointment, please contact the Harbord C. I. Guidance Dept. by email firstname.lastname@example.org