January 30, 2020
At this time, I would like to share that I am retiring as Principal of Birchmount Park C.I. effective January 31, 2020. It has been a profound pleasure to serve the Birchmount Park C.I. community for the past 5 1/2 school years. I have enjoyed working with the students and staff immensely. I have many wonderful memories that I will take with me into retirement.
At this time I would like to acknowledge and thank the BPCI staff for their dedication and commitment to our students. Each year brings successes and challenges and I would like to recognize the professionalism of the BPCI staff!
I am looking forward to having more time in my life to do the things I enjoy - spoiling my two grandsons, drawing, painting, kayaking and travelling.
I also look forward to staying connected with the BPCI school community and celebrating the successes of our students.
Retirement Letter - Superintendent of Education Peter Chang
Novel Coronovirus (2109-nCOV) Information
February 2020 Toronto Public Health Novel Coronovirus Fact Sheet
Jnauary 27, 2020 letter from The Ministry of Health regarding the Coronavirus. Letter from The Ministry of Health.
- Friday, January 31, - First day of Semester 2
- Friday, February 7 - Whole school assembly with guest speaker Curtis Carmichael (B.E.A.P. Grad)
- Tuesday, February 11 - Semester 1 Report Cards distributed
- Wednesday, February 12 - 2010-2021 Course Selection Assemblies
- Thursday, February 13 - SEMI- FORMAL - CANCELLED
- Friday, February 14 - PA Day
- Monday, February 17 - Family Day Holiday
- Monday, February 24 - SST Meeting
- Tuesday, February 25 - Student Mental Health & Well-Being Ward 18 Forum Hosted by Trustee Kandavel at General Brock P.S. 6-8 pm
- Wednesday, February 26 - School Council Meeting @ 6:45 p.m. Special Parent Workshop on Mental Health provided by Toronto Public Health
SEMESTER 2 INFORMATION
1. Timetable changes - There is very little flexibility in the timetable for students to make changes to their semester 2 timetable.
- Students requesting a timetable change are to fill out a Timetable Change Form in Guidance.
- Guidance Counselors will review the request. If the request can be accommodated the student will be called from class to make the change.
2. Semester 1 Textbooks
- On January 31st students who have not returned their semester 1 textbooks will start in the office. Students will be asked to get their textbooks out of their lockers / backpacks and return them to the office. Students will then return to class.
- We need your assistance with returning textbooks that are at home. Please encourage your students to return the textbooks asap so that they can be used in Semester 2 classes.
SEMI-FORMAL - CANCELLED
Thursday, February 13
Centennial College Event Centre - 8th Floor
- Refunds available in the main office for any cash sales.
- School-Cash-Online sales are automatically refunded.
LATE START SCHOOL SCHEDULES - This is to advise students and their parents / guardians that Late Start School Schedules due to the OSSTF Job Action are cancelled until further notice. Please see our information letter. Late Start Schedule and OSSTF Job Action.
HEALTH CANADA VAPING TIP SHEET
TEACH ASSIST INFORMATION
Teach Assist is a web-based "Mark Book" that can be accessed at home at anytime.
Parents and Guardians can access TEACH ASSIST through their child's profile. USER Name = Trillium student number. Password = student last name (all lower case)
Teachers can assist with access if the student has changed their password
The STYLE program is back at Birchmount Park CI for the 2019-2020 school year. This program offers free homework support as well as various activities after school 3 days a week. Students can chose to sign up for one day or all three days. The program runs on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 3:05 - 5:00 p.m. A parent/guardian permission form is required. Please call Ms. Ferrari, Vice-principal for further information.
OTHER INFORMATION TO SHARE:
1. Uber Eats - students have been ordering food deliveries to the school. We appreciate your support in advising students that:
- The school lunch period is 11:30 - 12: 25 p.m. The expectation is that students have finished lunch and are ready for classes by 12:20 p.m.
- Students are not permitted to eat in their classrooms.
- The school does not assist with the delivery of food.
- Students cannot leave class to receive food deliveries.
2. Valuables. It is strongly recommended that students do not bring valuable items to school. Items are easily misplaced, lost or unfortunately stolen. The school is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
3. Smoking and Vaping is not permitted on school property. BPCI has experienced an increase of students vaping inside the school, often in the washrooms. We ask parents and guardians to review the health, safety and legal issues connected to smoking and vaping on school property. The administration is following through with progressive discipline with students who are smoking or vaping on school property.