Key dates for your information:
- Tuesday, October 29 - Staff Meeting Late Start Schedule
- Oct 28 - Nov 1 SPIRIT WEEK!
GRADE 8 to 9 INFORMATION EVENING
Monday, November 4, 2019 at 6:30 p.m.
Birchmount Park CI welcomes all grade 8 students and their parents / guardians to our Information Evening. The evening program will include:
- Introduction to the many different programs at BPCI from grade 9 to grade 12
- Birchmount Exceptional Athlete Program (B.E.A.P.) - overview of the application process
- Gifted @ Birchmount
- School life at BPCI - sports, arts, clubs, leadership, community service
- School Tours
- Opportunity to meet BPCI teachers and students
- Special Education Q & A
Please note: B.E.A.P. application packages with be available at Birchmount Park on Nov. 4th and will be posted on on school website on Nov. 5th
NOVEMBER 13, 2019
The BPCI School Council is hosting a Guest Speaker presentation for parents and guardians. Please join us for this wonderful opportunity to speak with an expert in the field of Substance Abuse. Please click for our information flyer.
Find out about what teens are using; why teens use drugs; signs of drug use; prevention strategies and more. Do you have questions about cannabis or vaping? Or how to get help for your teen? Bring your questions with you to the presentation.
Adolescent Substance Abuse: "Hands On" help for parents
Birchmount Park CI Library
November 13, 2019 at 6:45 p.m.
Guest Speaker: John Westland, MSW, RSW. Social Worker; Substance Abuse Program at the Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada
Key dates for your information:
- Nov. 4 - 8 Grad Photos
- Wednesday, Nov. 6 - Grade 9 Take Your Kids to Work Day
- Monday, Nov. 11 - Remembrance Day Assembly
- Tuesday, Nov. 12 - PLC Late Start
- Thursday, Nov. 14 - Report Cards distributed
- Friday, Nov. 15 - PA Day
- Nov. 18 - 22 - Anti-Bullying Week
- Nov. 19 - 21 - BEAP Review Meetings
- Friday, Nov. 22 - Grade 9 & 10 Assembly
- Friday, Nov. 22 - Full Disclosure Date
- Tuesday, Nov. 26 - Staff Meeting Late Start
TEACH ASSIST INFORMATION
Teach Assist is a web-based "Mark Book" that can be accessed at home at anytime.
Parents and Guardians can access TEACH ASSIST through their child's profile. USER Name = Trillium student number. Password = student last name (all lower case)
Teachers can assist with access if the student has changed their password
The STYLE program is back at Birchmount Park CI for the 2019-2020 school year. This program offers free homework support as well as various activities after school 3 days a week. Students can chose to sign up for one day or all three days. The program runs on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 3:05 - 5:00 p.m. A parent/guardian permission form is required. Please call Ms. Ferrari, Vice-principal for further information.
OTHER INFORMATION TO SHARE:
1. Uber Eats - students have been ordering food deliveries to the school. We appreciate your support in advising students that:
- The school lunch period is 11:30 - 12: 25 p.m. The expectation is that students have finished lunch and are ready for classes by 12:20 p.m.
- Students are not permitted to eat in their classrooms.
- The school does not assist with the delivery of food.
- Students cannot leave class to receive food deliveries.
2. Valuables. It is strongly recommended that students do not bring valuable items to school. Items are easily misplaced, lost or unfortunately stolen. The school is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
3. Smoking and Vaping is not permitted on school property. BPCI has experienced an increase of students vaping inside the school, often in the washrooms. We ask parents and guardians to review the health, safety and legal issues connected to smoking and vaping on school property. The administration is following through with progressive discipline with students who are smoking or vaping on school property.