HAPPY RETIREMENT MRS. TSAO!
We would like to wish Mabel Tsao our Lunchroom Supervisor the best of luck in her Retirement. Ms. Tsao has been at Brian P.S. for 30 years!! We would like to thank her for her commitment and service to our school. Such an accomplishment! We would gladly pass on any cards and well wishes from our parents and community.
We would like to welcome Thushari Sembapperuma (Ms. S) to Brian P.S. Ms. S will be working in many of the classes helping out as our new SNA.
JUNIOR KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION
Children who are born in 2015 are eligible to attend Junior Kindergarten for Sept. 2019. Please follow the registration instructions below.
We will be booking appointments for Feb. 20th - Feb. 22nd.
PARENT COUNCIL MEETING
There will be a Parent Council Meeting held next Tues. Jan 15th at 7:00 p.m. in the Library. We hope to discuss the following agenda items.
- Technology Plan & Status
- School and Council Budget
- Fundraising Plan (upcoming activities)
- Library Project
- Grade 5 Celebration Planning
- Principal’s Report (school activities).
Tues. Jan 15 - Grade 4 / 5 Poetry Club
Tues. Jan 15th - Parent Council Meeting 7 p.m
Thurs. Jan. 17th - Don Valley Info Night for French Immersion Parents 7:00 p.m
Fri. Jan. 18th - P.A. Day - no school
Fri. Jan 25th - a.m. Character Ed. Assembly
Tues. Feb. 5th Lunar New Year
Mon. Feb. 11th - Term 1 Report Cards Go Home
Fri. Feb. 15th - P.A. Day (no school)
Mon. Feb. 18th - Family Day (no school)
Wed. Feb. 20th - Fri. Feb. 22nd - Junior Kindergarten Registration (see below)
Junior Kindergarten Registration Procedures
Please call the school office to book an appointment to register your child at the school between 1:00 – 3:00 pm on Wednesday, February 20 – Friday, February 22.
Children who will be four by December 31, 2019, can start Junior Kindergarten in September 2019.
Please go to https://www.tdsb.on.ca/ and click on “Find Your School” to ensure that your residential address is within our school boundaries as we are classified as closed to optional attendance.
Register online at: https://www.tdsb.on.ca/EarlyYears/KindergartenMonth. Online registration begins February 4th.
Please make sure you bring the following documents to the school to complete registration:
- Proof of age (birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian Citizenship card or certificate)
- Proof of address, including any two of the following current documents: lease or deed, car registration, utility bill, residential telephone bill, moving bill, property tax bill, bank statement, credit card statement, or correspondence from a government agency.
- Proof of immunization (the card that shows a list of needles your child has received)
- Verification of date of arrival, if your child was not born in Canada. If you child is without an immigration status, please visit the International Programs and Admissions Office at 5050 Yonge Street, on the main floor, for a TDSB school admission letter.
If you are unable to register your child online, please allot 30 – 45 minutes to complete registration forms at the school.