French as Second Language & Classical and International Languages
This is a letter for families interested in the Toronto District School Board’s French Immersion or Extended French programs. We offer an online process for applying to:
• Early French Immersion (EFI) which begins in Senior Kindergarten;
• Junior Extended French (JEF) which begins in Grade 4
• Middle Immersion which begins in Grade 4 (available in a limited number of schools)
We guarantee an offer of placement in the program (not a specific school) to all on-time applicants. Transportation is provided as per the Board’s Transportation policy.
• Applications for Early French Immersion (for a Junior Kindergarten aged child), must be completed online. The application process opens November 2, 2020 and the deadline is November 27, 2020.
• Applications for Junior Extended French or Middle French Immersion (for a child currently in Grade 3), must be completed online. The application process opens January 4, 2021 and the deadline is January 29, 2021.
Offers of placement within your chosen program will be made to all on-time applicants in the weeks following the close of the application window.
Please note: families with an older sibling currently in a French program are still required to complete an online application for the new student.
Further information on French as a Second Language programs and the application process is available online at www.tdsb.on.ca/french .
The French as Second Language Department