The School Rules below are intended to help all students to use the school property and equipment safely and with respect for others. These rules will be explained to students each fall. Rules are reviewed and revised annually or as needed.
- Stop all activities at the sound of the bell and go immediately to line up outside at the appropriate door. Form two lines, one for the first floor and one for the second floor and wait for a staff member to give the direction to enter the school.
- Enter the school in an orderly manner.
- Line up promptly if they hear a double bell as this is a signal for an early entry in rainy or extremely cold weather.
Hallways & Stairs
- Be quiet, orderly, and considerate in the hallways and stairs.
- Walk only.
- Go up one side of the stairs and use the handrail.
- Wait to open snacks until they are in the playground.
- Remove hats and head scarves or headwear except those worn for religious reasons.
- Carry sports equipment safely in the school.
- Students are encouraged to bring a litterless lunch. Stay seated at the table. If they need to get up, they will raise their hands and wait for permission from a lunchroom supervisor.
- Throw recycling into the correct container.
- Not return to their classroom unless accompanied by a staff member.
- Place lunch bags in the class basket.
Assemblies & Performances
- Show appropriate audience behaviour at all times. Respond promptly to a hand signal for attention from an adult.
- Ensure that they do not bring any items to the gym (toys, books).
- Use the washroom before or after an assembly/performance (except in an emergency).