There are provincial, school board and school Codes of Conduct. All state that members of the school community should be treated with respect and fairness and are expected to respect and follow the Codes of Conduct. TDSB also has Codes of Conduct for using computers and participating in sports and field trips. The school Code of Conduct is discussed with students in classrooms and at assemblies. School codes are reviewed annually by staff and by the School Council, whose members include the school's parents, guardians, staff and community. The Code of Conduct is introduced to students through assemblies and announcements and is posted throughout the school.
Selwyn School Code of Conduct
As a Selwyn student, I am expected to participate positively in my learning by.
- Following instructions from all staff,
- Working and playing safely,
- Resolving conflicts peacefully,
- Speaking respectfully to all, and
- Showing respect for myself, for others, for property, and for the environment.