The Toronto District School Board offers Night School, Summer School, and Saturday International Languages credit courses in accordance with the Ontario Secondary School curriculum guidelines. Selection of courses must follow the requirements outlined by the Ontario Ministry of Education, which are available on their website.
Credit courses are open to all high school students and adults with current prerequisites. Students may take a new credit, or re-take a course previously taken to upgrade a mark. Parents and students must consult with their day school guidance counsellor regarding their course selection, prerequisite courses, and diploma requirements.
The Toronto District School Board reserves the right to cancel classes. A list of cancelled courses will be posted on the website www.creditprograms.ca seven days before the registration deadline.
Night School Program
- Night School has two semesters:
- Semester 1 - October to February (15 weeks)
- Semester 2 - February to June (15 weeks).
- Each semester runs two nights per week (6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.)
- Monday and Wednesday
- Tuesday and Thursday
Summer School Program
- Offered in July for 20 days
- Students can only take one course, or 2 half courses (Civics/Careers)
Saturday International Languages Program
- Open to current high school students
- One credit course
- Begins in September, and runs throughout the school year every Saturday