It’s that time of year again! Our school will be participating in Jump Rope for Heart the week of March 20-24. We will be skipping during regularly scheduled PE classes. Last year our school raised $3348! This year we have set our goal at $3500!!
The best way to meet that goal is to fundraise online
. Visit jumpropeforheart.ca
to register. Every student that registers will get an automatic $5 kick start to begin their fundraising journey.
1. Go to jumpropeforheart.ca
2. Click “Register” on the upper right corner of the page
3. Select “Ontario” as the province
4. Search “Brock Junior Public School”
Or you can use the envelopes to collect donations directly from friends and family. Students should not canvas door to door. Envelopes will be sent home this week. We hope that during the March break you can keep your envelopes handy as you visit your relatives and friends. Please return them to school after the break. The last day to return envelopes is March 31.
We are really proud of how much money our school raises for this worthwhile charity. By fundraising for Jump Rope for Heart, you’re collecting donations that fund critical research that’s saving lives, preventing heart disease and stroke, and supporting survivors and their families.
Here are just some of the ways the dollars you raise help:
- Close to $31 million funded research across Canada last year.
- 8,000 life-saving automated external defibrillators (AEDs) were placed in communities across Canada.
- eTools (such as the Heart&Stroke Risk Assessment) were developed to empower all Canadians to lead healthier lives.
- We partnered to create Stop Marketing to Kids — a campaign protecting kids from unhealthy food and beverage advertising.
It’s heartwarming to know that when kids raise funds for Jump Rope for Heart, they’re supporting research to help other kids. Over the past years, we’ve raised a grand total of $41, 869.33 for the Heart and Stroke Foundation! Way to go Brock!
Let’s keep up the great momentum this year. Let’s try to hit our goal of $3500!