We are proud of the schoolyard we have and the green space it provides for our school community. To help keep the playground as clean and safe as possible, we would like to remind you of our school safety rules.
The playground is used by Brock students before school, at recess, lunch hour and after school. During each of these blocks of time we have staff on duty. In the morning, staff are on duty at 8.35 a.m. and after school staff are on duty until 3:43 p.m. Please ensure your children are supervised outside of these school hours.
Students are expected to:
- Stay on the playground during school hours and not go to the parking lot or the street
- Play cooperatively with others
- Not engage in physically aggressive behaviour
- If hurt, go to the teacher on duty who will assist them with a band-aid or have them go to the office
- Not climb the baseball diamond fixture or the stairs belonging to the childcare play area
- There is to be no scooting or cycling on school property during school hours
Parents are asked to:
- Come to the office if they have a concern regarding behaviour to their child on the playground. Parents are asked not to pursue or question other students and/or parents.
- Should you walk your child to school and bring your dog along there are 2 options:
1. Please tie your dog with a leash to the north fence or the fence on Brock Avenue and then walk your child on to the school premises
2. Walk your child to the north school entrance, say your good-byes there, and watch them get into the playground safely. Then you can give them a good-bye wave.
DOGS ARE NOT ALLOWED BY THE CITY OR TDSB ON SCHOOL PROPERTY (LEASHED OR CARRIED) AS LONG AS THE SCHOOL IS OPEN FOR LEARNING (8:35 a.m. to 3:43 p.m.)
The school addressed this issue in April and May of 2018.
For the privacy and safety of our students, parents are asked not to take pictures or videos of students on the playground and report to the office any person seen doing so.
By following the above we can make sure our children are safe. Thank you for helping to keep our playground a safe and welcoming place for our students.