Students are required to complete 40 hours of community involvement as part of their graduation requirements.
Guidance counsellors regularly post volunteer opportunities on the guidance Google Classroom, and printed copies of the Community Hours sheet are available for pick up in Room 201.
Why has the Ministry of Education mandated it?
• Reinforces civic responsibility
• Strengthens the community
• Enhances one’s self-confidence and self-image
• Offers networking for future employment
• Provides an experience for students to include in their portfolios
To get started and to get active in your community please read and use the following resources:
Community Involvement Activity Notification Guide
Community Involvement Notification Completion Form