Welcome to the Resource Hive, the Special Education, Resource and Inclusion Program at JCI. We recognize that special education is not a one-size-fits-all approach. Our commitment revolves around understanding each child as an individual and providing them with the necessary resources to facilitate academic success, build confidence and develop fundamental skills. Many of our students continue their academic success in post-secondary pathways, reflecting the success of our approach which prioritizes meeting students'´unique learning needs while seamlessly integrating them into regular classroom settings.
- Support for students through credit granting Learning Strategies (GLE) courses at every grade level
- Provide Resource support in multiple periods per semester with a Special Education teacher that is accessible to any student with an Individual Education Plan (IEP).
- Collaborate with classroom teachers to implement supports and strategies that help students achieve success.
- Monitor the student´s success and connect with parents/caregivers regarding their achievement.
- Assist students in the use of assistive technology to enhance their learning.
Please check out the Jarvis Resource Hive website for all the information you need about Special Education, Resource, IEP and FAQs to help you navigate these important supports!