What is a Specialist High Skills Major (SHSM)? SHSM is a ministry-approved specialized program that allows students to focus their learning on a specific economic sector while meeting the requirements for the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD). The SHSM also assists students in their transition from secondary school to apprenticeship training, college, university or the workplace.
Jarvis Collegiate Institute is proud to offer a Business SHSM
Benefits to Students:
- Successful completion of a SHSM is indicated on the student’s Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) by a Red Seal
- Successful completion of a SHSM is indicated on the student’s Ontario Student Transcript (OST), where it may be seen by any post-secondary institution or training organization.
- Students receive a SHSM Record that documents their achievement of the required components including sector-related certifications earned and/or training courses completed
- Students gain valuable experience and certifications which increase confidence in their ability to succeed and see the connections between their studies, the world beyond high school and future careers.
- Students have the opportunity to explore and refine career goals and make informed decisions related to postsecondary education or training and next steps towards a career.
Interested in joining our SHSM program?
Please email Tina Chreppas at email@example.com