All Secondary Parents/Guardians,
The Toronto District School Board is adjusting the Optional Attendance process due to school closures and the heightened need to reduce potential Covid-19 exposures.
As such, the following process will be in place for the remainder of the 2020-2021 school year for students applying to a school via Optional Attendance.
- The parent/guardian will complete the Optional Attendance form and will email the completed form to current school principal. The form may be sent as a scan, a photo or a screengrab: Optional Attendance Form for Secondary School Application.
- The current school principal or designate (VP, office staff, etc.) will sign and email the form(s) to the receiving school.
- The receiving school will confirm receipt of the form(s) by way of email reply to the sending school.
- The current school will communicate with families that the Optional Attendance Form was signed, sent and received by the receiving school.
- The current school principal or designate will track optional attendance applications to ensure that TDSB policies are being followed.
- All current timelines are still in effect. Forms for secondary schools are due by January 29, 2021, and for elementary schools by February 12, 2021.
- Secondary Optional Attendance – Key Dates:
January 29, 2021
Optional attendance forms due at secondary school.
February 12, 2021
Deadline for parents/guardians of students to be informed of the status of the application request.
February 26, 2021
Course selection sheets due at secondary schools.
For more information regarding Optional Attendance, please visit www.tdsb.on.ca/Find-your/School/Optional-Attendance.
NOTE: Many families have already completed Optional Attendance Forms and have dropped them off or mailed them to the school(s) that their child has apply to. These applications are deemed valid and received and no further action is required.
Please contact your school principal should you have any questions. Thank you.