What is teamwork?
- Using the skills and strengths of all members
- Working toward a common goal
- Taking a small part in a large job
- Working together
What does teamwork look like/sound like?
- Agreeing on a common goal
- Having each member make use of his or her strengths while working equally toward a common goal
- Supporting each other in completing tasks and overcoming obstacles
- Learning from, and sharing with, each other
- Sharing feelings and taking responsibility for your own actions
- Sharing thoughts and opinions freely and being open to the thoughts and opinions of team members
- Not letting personality differences get in the way of the task
- Apologizing when necessary and accepting an apology when necessary
- Celebrating the successes of others
- Spending some time thinking about what is working in the group and what needs to change to make the group more successful
- Learning to work with many different personality types
"Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much."
(Helen Adams Keller)
"If you have an apple, and I have an apple, and we exchange apples, then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas."
(George Bernard Shaw)
"Help your brother's boat across, and your own will reach the shore."
"Do your little bit of good where you are; it's those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world."
(Archbishop Desmond Tutu)