Scarborough Centre for Alt Studies Adult
Life @ SCAS
Medical Office Administration
Co-Op Office Administration Certificate
Co-Op Accounting Certificate
Co-Op (Canadian Job Experience)
Guidance - Announcements
Adult Teachers and Courses
Guidance - How to Register
Guidance - Graduating Students
Guidance - College and University Information
Guidance - Support Resources
Have Your Say
Guidance will continue to provide updated information as available
Distress Centre - 24/7/365 support by phone or text. All ages:
Phone: 416 408 4357
Distress Centre - GTA
Please see the following resources relating to Covid-19:
TDSB Mental Health and Well-Being
Explaining Covid-19 to Children
Government of Canada
Government of Ontario
City of Toronto
Covid-19 Food Resources
- For information and referrals for community, government, social and health services, including mental health resources across Ontario, call 211.
Live web chat
is also available.
- Adults and frontline workers who are dealing with the realities of Covid-19 can call ConnexOntario at 1-866-531-2600 for mental health, addictions and problem gambling support.
- A free, evidence-based cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) program that offers guided mental health self-help for adults and youth 15+ using workbooks, online videos and phone coaching. Call 1-866-345-0224.
The following services are offering mental health “walk in” hours that are currently available by telephone only:
East Metro Youth Services
serves people under 30 years old. They will provide telephone support Mon-Thu 2-8pm and Friday 10am-5pm. To reach a counsellor, call 416 438 3697, press 1 and then press 0 to speak to the receptionist.
COVID-19 Resources - East Metro Youth Services
Skylark Youth Services
serves people under 26 years old. They are also opening up their service to parents who may need support, which could be useful for adult students who are struggling with parenting during Covid-19 and require some support.
Skylark Youth Services is offering telephone support during the following days/times:
Monday, Tuesday, Fridays 9am-1:30pm
(416) 482-0081 x 6
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 1:30pm-6pm
(416) 482-0081 x 5
What's Up Walk-in - Virtual
Free virtual counselling is being offered for children, youth and families.
There is no age limit. This free, confidential, professional support is available to you through Mental Health Toronto (MHTO). Their friendly therapists can help you work through whatever you are feeling--no issue is too big or too small.
Call 1-866-585-6486 (MHTO):
For access to mental health services to support infants, children, youth and families
To speak immediately to a What's Up Walk-In counsellor (by phone or online)
for more information
Family Service Toronto
is offering single session counselling by phone:
School Settlement Worker
Our school settlement worker is available to help our student newcomers to:
- Connect with community resources - for example food banks and housing help
- Apply for EI and other financial supports
- Provide information in the areas of health and wellness, safety, community, government resources as well as holding weekly check in groups
You may contact the SCAS settlement worker below:
Are you looking for a location to use a computer for free or have access to free Wifi? Please look at the
Family Service Centre
located in Scarborough. You will have to call the centre and book a time for your visit
Scarborough Food Bank Directory
Food Bank - The Housing Help Centre