Support Resources


Support Resources

Guidance will continue to provide updated information as available


Distress Centre - 24/7/365 support by phone or text.  All ages:
Phone: 416 408 4357
Text: 45645
Distress Centre - GTA

Please see the following resources:

TDSB Mental Health and Well-Being

211 Ontario - For information and referrals for community, government, social and health services, including mental health resources across Ontario, call 211.  Live web chat is also available.

ConnexOntario - Adults who are looking for mental health, addictions and problem gambling support can call ConnexOntario at 1-866-531-2600.

The following services are offering mental health “walk in” hours that are currently available by telephone only:

East Metro Youth Services serves people under 30 years old. They will provide telephone support Mon-Thu 2-8pm and Friday 10am-5pm. To reach a counsellor, call 416 438 3697, press 1 and then press 0 to speak to the receptionist.   

Skylark Youth Services serves people under 26 years old. They are also opening up their service to parents who may need support, which could be useful for adult students who are struggling with parenting and require some support.

Skylark Youth Services is offering telephone support during the following days/times:
Monday, Tuesday, Fridays 9am-1:30pm
Wednesdays 11am-7pm
(416) 482-0081 x 6
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 1:30pm-6pm
(416) 482-0081 x 5

What's Up Walk-in - Virtual


Free virtual counselling is being offered for children, youth and families.  There is no age limit.  This free, confidential, professional support is available to you through Mental Health Toronto (MHTO).  Their friendly therapists can help you work through whatever you are feeling--no issue is too big or too small.

Call 1-866-585-6486 (MHTO):


  • For access to mental health services to support infants, children, youth and families
  • To speak immediately to a What's Up Walk-In counsellor (by phone or online)

Please read here for more information


Family Service Toronto is offering single session counselling by phone: 

Family Service Toronto


School Settlement Workers

What settlement workers do in SCAS?

We support families who arrived in Canada in the past few years by facilitating their settlement process in Canada. We also work with families that have been in Canada for longer time, but still have settlement needs and require support in the adaptation process. We provide information and connect those in need with resources and supports in school and community.  

For clients, we can provide information about:

  • free government and community resources including housing, health, legal issues, financial issues etc.
  • immigration
  • filing income taxes and Child Tax Benefits
  • finding employment
  • understanding Canadian education system
  • volunteering opportunities
  • locating day care centres or other children’s programs, and applying for day care subsidy
  • any other issues you may need help with

You may contact the SCAS settlement worker below:


Settlement Worker

Phone Number

Email Address

   Zepure Askerjian

  416 550 3934


 Susan Shi

647 296 5903



If you would like to buy a laptop or desktop computer, please look at this information.  This organization provides renewed computers to TDSB students at a subsidized price.


Are you looking for a location to use a computer for free or have access to free Wifi?  Please look at the Family Service Centre located in Scarborough.  You will have to call the centre and book a time for your visit

Are you under 25 and want to speak with someone about legal, housing or employment support?  If yes, please look here

Scarborough Food Bank Directory

Food Bank - The Housing Help Centre