Students are encouraged to take advantage of the extra-curricular activities offered at YMCI.
- You must be a full-time student, i.e. registered in, attending regularly and passing, a minimum of three credits per semester.
- You must have a current Student Activity Card.
- You are accountable to your coach or staff advisor for all practices, games, rehearsals and meetings.
- You are accountable for any class work missed due to
extra-curricular involvement. Students involved in extra-curricular
activities must always inform their teachers in advance of their
- You must display good citizenship and adhere to the school's Student Code of Conduct at all times.
The guidelines below have the purpose of ensuring that opportunities for
participation in extra-curricular activities are available to all
students on an equitable basis, and that students who are active in
these programs are able to meet all of their obligations (academic,
athletic, artistic, and/or leadership-related).
- A student may be an executive member of only one major organization at any one time during the year.
- Except for the above guideline, there are no restrictions
pertaining to membership in clubs and organizations, which operate at
- Students to whom the first guideline does not apply may participate
on a maximum of one inter-school team per season, providing they meet
the academic requirements.