Your child can show honesty by:
- sharing his or her feelings and being truthful
- telling the truth, even though he or she may know that there will be consequences
- being reliable and responsible in completing a job
Encouraging honesty in your child:
- Give your child opportunities to tell the truth.
- Make sure that you explain to your child that you always want the truth, even though he or she may be afraid that you might be angry.
- Encourage and praise your child when he or she is honest.
- Model honesty by returning lost items.