Your child can show responsibility by:
- taking care of himself or herself and others in the family
- getting up on time, getting ready for school, and having breakfast
- completing homework and keeping his or her school work organized
- helping with household chores without being asked
- keeping promises
Encouraging Responsibility in Your Child:
- Remind your child about being responsible for his or her school work by checking his or her agenda and/or school work every day.
- Remember to be patient as your child learns to become responsible.
- Encourage and praise your child when he or she is responsible.
- Share an example of a situation in which someone you know behaved responsibly.