Your child can show kindness and caring by:
- demonstrating these attributes toward themselves and others, including family, friends, and pets
- being aware of others’ feelings without teasing or using put-downs
- helping someone who is having a bad day
Encouraging kindness and caring in your child:
- Show your child the importance of being kind and caring by displaying kindness and caring to your child and others.
- Share your feelings with your child, which provides him or her with the opportunity to be kind and caring.
- Expose your child to the power of kindness through random acts of kindness toward people, animals, and the environment.
- Read and discuss media stories that depict acts of kindness and caring.