Your child can show perseverance by:
- sticking to a task, even though he or she wants to give up wanting to continue with something he or she is finding hard to learn
- setting achievable goals and celebrating when they are met
Encouraging perseverance in your child:
- Encourage and praise your child to persevere, even when he or she wants to give up.
- Reflect periodically on your child’s personal, academic, and social goals and whether these goals are attainable.
- Discuss the importance of planning, prioritizing, organizing, and managing time as strategies to achieve goals.
- If your child exhibits perseverance, let him or her know that you have noticed and are proud