What is Respect?
- being kind to other family members
- using polite language
- talking and spending time with relatives and/or other family members
- listening when someone else is talking
Encouraging Respect in your child:
- Praise and encourage your child when he or she is being respectful.
- Speak to your child with respect, and answer his or her questions in a polite manner. Expect the same behaviour from your child.
- Share an example of how someone was respectful toward you, and how this made you feel.
- Encourage respectful manners and speaking politely to others in the community.