The TDSB e-Summer School program is open to secondary school students aged 14-20.
Current TDSB Students:
(REVISED DATE: Registration will open on Wednesday, April 8, 2020 by 12:00pm)
TDSB students log in to e-Reg with your TDSB student number and the Password you login with at school. You can then request an e-Summer School course.
With the exception of CHV2O/ GLC2O, only ONE course will be processed per session.
Complete the Parent Guardian Consent form attached to the "Course Request Submitted" email you receive and make an appointment with your day school Guidance Counsellor.
**Due to the COVID-19 school shutdown please email a picture or scan of your completed Parent/Guardian Consent form to your Guidance Counsellor. If you do not know your Guidance Counsellor's email address please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your full name and the name of the TDSB high school you attend and we will put you in contact with your Guidance Counsellor.**
Your day school Guidance Counsellor will approve or deny your request.
Non-TDSB / Former Students:
(Registration will open on May 25, 2020 by 12:00pm)
All applicants must set-up an e-Reg account. After completing the registration form, check your email right away (check your SPAM /JUNK folder as well) for a message with a password set link. This link is time sensitive. You must click the link within 48 hours of receiving the email or you will be locked out of your e-Reg account.
Click HERE to view a video about how to create an e-Reg account
IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS REGISTERING PLEASE TRY A DIFFERENT BROWSER.
Log into e-Reg to request an e-Summer course. Once you have successfully requested a course you will be sent an email outlining that the course request is Pending Approval. You are not enrolled yet.
If you are currently attending another school board your Guidance Counsellor will need to approve your course. **Due to the COVID-19 school closure please email your Guidance Counsellor your signed Parent/Guardian Consent Form ** Please ask your Guidance Counsellor to send an email to email@example.com with subject: Student Name/Course /Session/Approved (for example John Smith/MCR3UE/ July/ Approved). In the attachment of the email your Guidance Counsellor must send your Credit Counselling Sheet or Transcript.
If you are not attending day school at the moment please send to us your official student transcript or Credit Counseling Sheet. To attach your supporting documentation to your registration you will need to follow the instructions below:
1. Log into the Former and Non TDSB login screen.
2. Once you are logged in, click on My Profile.
3. Scroll to bottom of the page to Support Documents.
4. Click on the Upload File button.
5. Click on the Browse button.
6. Find your file and click on it to select it.
7. Click on the Open button.
The supporting documentation must show you successfully completed the required prerequisite to the course you are requesting. For example if you are requesting ENG4C your document must show you have successfully passed ENG3C. The TDSB e-Learning Office will review your transcript or Credit Counseling Sheet. Your application will be approved or denied based on your submitted prerequisites.
8. If it is the correct file, click on the Upload button. If it is not the correct file, click the Cancel button.
Your course will be approved or denied by the e-Learning staff or your day school Guidance Counsellor. Keep an eye on your email for important updates from eLearning@tdsb.on.ca
August 2020 Session:
- Most Ontario schools are on Summer Vacation starting from June 26, 2020. However school offices remain open the first week of July if you need to obtain Credit Counselling Sheets or transcripts. You are still welcome to apply for e-Summer school program. If the school is closed, students can send their Ontario Student Transcripts/Credit Counselling Sheet directly to: eLearning@tdsb.on.ca or upload it directly through the e-Reg system during application.
- If you are in a graduating position, and plan to attend a post-secondary institution in September 2020, we strongly recommend taking an e-Summer course in the July session. Your future post-secondary institution may not accept your final mark by the August 28-30 submission date. If you have questions about final dates a post-secondary institution will accept summer school marks please contact your future post-secondary institution's admissions office. The e-Summer office cannot guarantee final marks will be available for submission to OCAS/OUAC or directly to students before August 30, 2020.