The TDSB e-Summer School program is open to all Ontario Secondary School students. All students must be under the age of 21 on the first day of class.
Students eligible to enroll in the Grade 9 Reach Ahead Credit (GLD2OE) are current Grade 8 students who are entering Grade 9 in September 2021. Registration for this course will open in mid-May.
UPDATE May 10, 11:00 am –
We are experiencing a lot of traffic on our website to register for courses. If you are experiencing an error message please try again, our registration system can only process a specific number of student's request at one time. While students will have access to registration for summer courses, guidance counsellors will not have access to approve or deny student registrations request until May 11th. We apologize for this inconvenience.
UPDATE April 30, 2:00 pm –
An update from the Continuing Education Department is available here www.creditprograms.ca. Information about Remote Continuing Education Summer Credit Programs can be found on their program website:
To learn about more information about the Con Ed and e-Summer programs please view this comparison document.
|Please Note: The HSP3 French Immersion/Extend French courses has been moved to July and is tentatively scheduled to open for registration mid-May, 2021.
Current TDSB Student Registration Instructions
|Registration for current TDSB students will open on April 19, 2021 at 10:00 AM
Log in to e-Reg with your TDSB student number and the Password you login with at school. You can then request an e-Summer School course. With the exception of CHV2O/GLC2O, only ONE course will be approved per session.
Complete the Parent Guardian Consent form attached to the "Course Request Submitted" email you receive and make an appointment with your day school Guidance Counsellor. Your day school Guidance Counsellor will approve or deny your request.
**Due to the COVID-19 please email a picture or scan of your completed Parent/Guardian Consent form to your Guidance Counsellor. If you do not know your Guidance Counsellor's email address please email us at email@example.com and include your full name and the name of the TDSB high school you attend and we will put you in contact with your Guidance Counsellor.**
Please check your email account that you used to register for your enrollment status.
Non-TDSB/Former Student Registration Instructions
|Registration for Non-TDSB/Former will open on May 10, 2021 at 10:00 AM
All applicants must set-up an e-Reg account. After completing the registration form, check your email right away (check your SPAM /JUNK folder as well) for a message with a password set link. This link is time sensitive. You must click the link within 48 hours of receiving the email or you will be locked out of your e-Reg account.
Click HERE to view a video about how to create an e-Reg account
IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS REGISTERING PLEASE TRY A DIFFERENT BROWSER.
Log into e-Reg to request an e-Summer course. Once you have successfully requested a course you will be sent an email outlining that the course request is Pending Approval. You are not enrolled yet.
If you are currently attending another school board your Guidance Counsellor will need to approve your course. **Due to the COVID-19 please email your Guidance Counsellor your signed Parent/Guardian Consent Form **
Please ask your Guidance Counsellor to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: Student Name/OEN/Course/Session/Approved (for example John Smith/999999999/MCR3UE/July/Approved). In the attachment of the email your Guidance Counsellor must send your Credit Counselling Sheet or Transcript and completed consent form.
If you are not attending a day school you must arrange to have your official Student Transcript or Credit Counseling Sheet submitted to us. To attach your Transcript or Credit Counselling Sheet to your registration follow these steps:
1. Log into the Former and Non TDSB login screen.
2. Once you are logged in, click on My Profile.
3. Scroll to bottom of the page to Support Documents.
4. Click on the Upload File button.
5. Click on the Browse button.
6. Find your file and click on it to select it.
7. Click on the Open button.
The supporting documentation must show you successfully completed the required prerequisite to the course you are requesting. For example if you are requesting ENG4C your document must show you have successfully passed ENG3C. The TDSB e-Learning Office will review your transcript or Credit Counseling Sheet. Your application will be approved or denied based on your submitted prerequisites.
8. If it is the correct file, click on the Upload button. If it is not the correct file, click the Cancel button.
Your course will be approved or denied by the e-Learning staff or your day school Guidance Counsellor. Keep an eye on your email for important updates from eLearning@tdsb.on.ca. In order to approve your request we must have received parent/guardian consent (if under 18) and proof of prerequisite and your OEN.
August 2021 Session
- Most Ontario schools are on summer vacation starting from June 29, 2021. However school offices remain open the first week of July if you need to obtain Credit Counselling Sheets or transcripts. You are still welcome to apply for e-Summer school program. If the school is closed, students can send their Ontario Student Transcripts/Credit Counselling Sheet directly to: eLearning@tdsb.on.ca or upload it directly through the e-Reg system during application. Please remember that registration closes for the August Session on July 8.
- The TDSB e-Summer OUAC/OCAS transmission dates are July 29 and August 29, 2021. If you are in a graduating position, and plan to attend a post-secondary institution in September 2021, we strongly recommend taking your e-Summer course in the July session. Your future post-secondary institution may not accept your final mark sent in the August 29 transmission. If you have questions about final dates that a post-secondary institution will accept summer school marks please contact the post-secondary institution's admissions office. The e-Summer office cannot guarantee final marks will be available for submission to OCAS/OUAC or directly to students before August 29th, 2021.