Some dates to take note of as we enter into the last week of school for the 2018/19 school year;
- Volunteer Tea on Tuesday, June 25 from 8:30 - 9:30 AM in front foyer
- Grade 6 CPR Training workshop on Tuesday, June 25 starting at 12:45 PM
- Final Pizza Lunch and Salad Day on Wednesday, June 26
- Awards and Farewell Assembly on Thursday, June 27 at 10:30 AM in gym
- Grade 6 Clap Out Thursday, June 27 at 2:45 PM
- Report Card and Class Placement information go home on Thursday, June 27
- Incoming Junior Kindergarten class (2019-20) placement and staggered entry date mailed out June 27
- PA Day on June 28 - no school for students, staff working on School Improvement Planning and closing out files for school-year end
- Office open July 2-5, and is then closed for the summer
- Office re-opens August 26
- First day of school for 2019-20 is Tuesday, September 3 for Grades SK-6, and staggered for new JKs
Kindergarten Registration begins in February, please see link below
Parent Council 2018-19
The Palmerston Parent Council meets regularly to support our students' experiences at school.
This year, Council members include;
The Council meets on the last Thursday of each month at 6:30 PM in the Library. Childminding is available.
Council Meeting Dates:
May 30, 2019
June - TBA
Connecting With Our School
To access school information, we invite families to visit our Principal's Blog
Hello Palmerston Parents: Help us create class email lists to assist us in keeping you informed about wonderful events at our school. Please click the link below and complete the form. All emails will be kept confidential.
Palmerston Parent Classroom Email List
Welcome to Palmerston Ave PS/ Ecole de Palmerston
Welcome to Palmerston Avenue Public School! As a member of our community of learners, we wish you success and happiness in your studies and activities. You are all unique individuals and we are pleased to provide a wide variety of experiences to develop your skills, talents and interests. We encourage you to take advantage of all opportunities, to participate in all school activities and to support one another as you learn and grow together.
At Palmerston we work hard to create an inclusive, safe, friendly and stimulating environment where students, staff, parents, guardians and others are valued and respected for their diversity and uniqueness.
We are dedicated to providing exemplary programming for all our students. Our programs foster academic excellence, creative thinking, self-discipline and a love of learning. We believe that all children can learn successfully and attain high levels of achievement.
Please explore our website. As time progresses, we will be adding to it and updating information. We hope it gives you a better understanding of all the amazing things that are happening at Palmerston. If you have any questions, please contact us at the school.
The Palmerston Staff