We believe our standards of behaviour are essential to providing a safe and caring learning environment.
• our staff will be fair, firm and consistent
• our staff will encourage and support the students in showing respect for each other and for school property
• our staff will establish and maintain a school environment which supports learning
We follow a progressive discipline model, and use restorative practices as a general approach.
Code of Conduct
The students of Palmerston Ave Public School are expected to:
• follow instructions
• walk quietly in the halls
• use their hands and feet in a friendly way
• use inclusive and appropriate language, put downs or inappropriate language are not acceptable
• never use racist, sexist or homophobic remarks
• are considerate and respectful of each other, the environment, our school and the property of others
Support for students who are struggling with inappropriate behaviour can include:
• personal counselling
• a letter home written by the student
• loss of privileges (recess, field trips, sports activities)
• community service
• time out
Students with severe behaviour concerns can include:
• in-school suspension or
• formal suspension
Please note that all T.D.S.B. schools must follow the guidelines outlined in the document
Safe School Procedures and Policies. Parents can read the overview of this document on the TDSB website.