Early French Immersion (Senior Kindergarten (SK) Entry)
Applications to the Early French Immersion program are made the year your child is in Junior Kindergarten (or is of Junior Kindergarten age) for entry in Senior Kindergarten. It is an entirely online process. All communication will be sent via the email address you provide. Please check your email regularly, including junk mail folders.
Please visit the application site www.tdsb.on.ca/pars.
- You will need your child’s date of birth and OEN. The OEN is a 9-digit number found on any report card from the TDSB.
- For non-TDSB students, please select the “Non-TDSB Student” option and follow the steps to generate an identification number. You must then return to the PARS site and follow the application procedure with this number.
- Please select the Early Immersion Program (SK) from the drop-down menu, and complete the application process.
On-time applicants will be offered a placement online via the email address you have provided. You MUST take action to accept this placement by the deadline requested when you are offered a placement.
Offers of placement will be ongoing throughout the weeks and months following the close of the application period. Please check your email regularly, including junk mail folders, and follow any instructions.
Application process opens: November 4, 2019
Deadline for applications: November 29, 2019
- While every effort will be made to place students in the school identified as their area French Immersion school, this is not always possible. In cases where the number of applications in a given area is greater than the number of spaces in the school, students may be redirected to schools with available space.
- Placements are made based on the address you provide prior to the application deadline. If your address changes between the application deadline and the fall of the SK year, there is no guarantee of placement in your new area.
Parents/guardians of Palmerston Ave Jr PS are invited to join us for our Remembrance Day Ceremony, on Monday, November 11 at 10:30 AM.
Hey Palmerston, are you ready for Bag to School?
Social Justice League is kicking off Bag2School, a program that wants your old clothes
. Bring in your old T-shirts, pants, jeans, belts, shoes, shorts, knapsacks and purses! Pillows, coats, even your old stuffies! What if you have old ripped or stained clothes? That’s ok! As long as it’s clean. Clothes will be recycled and made into new clothes or used for stuffing in new pillows or coats.
So instead of throwing out your threads … bring it in to school and drop it off to the social Justice League in Room 13 or the main lobby
. That’s reducing, reusing and recycling. Bag2School will pay for all our old stuff, and the money goes towards Palmerston! So be the change, and don’t forget to be awesome!
Our next Parent Council Meeting
takes place on Thursday, November 28 at 6:30 PM
in the Library. All our welcome!
Welcome to Palmerston Ave PS/ Ecole de Palmerston
Welcome to Palmerston Avenue Public School! As a member of our community of learners, we wish you success and happiness in your studies and activities. You are all unique individuals and we are pleased to provide a wide variety of experiences to develop your skills, talents and interests. We encourage you to take advantage of all opportunities, to participate in all school activities and to support one another as you learn and grow together.
At Palmerston we work hard to create an inclusive, safe, friendly and stimulating environment where students, staff, parents, guardians and others are valued and respected for their diversity and uniqueness.
We are dedicated to providing exemplary programming for all our students. Our programs foster academic excellence, creative thinking, self-discipline and a love of learning. We believe that all children can learn successfully and attain high levels of achievement.
Please explore our website. As time progresses, we will be adding to it and updating information. We hope it gives you a better understanding of all the amazing things that are happening at Palmerston. If you have any questions, please contact us at the school.
The Palmerston Staff
STAFF CHANGES INFORMATION
Over the summer, we had changes to our staff that we have outlined below. We welcome all our new staff and send our best wishes to those who moved to new assignments or are on a leave of absence.
- Early Childhood Educator: Nazia Masood
- Early Childhood Educator: Jennifer Pereira
- Early Childhood Educator FI: Mandeep Kaur
- Grade 3/4 FI (LTO): Chi Chi Godin
- Grade 2 FI: Claudia Mansfield
- Grade 2/3 FI: Rachel Groenewald
- Special Needs Assistant: Leonilde Cafua
- Lunchroom Supervisor: Amy Channer
- Caretaker: David Lansitie
- Head Caretaker: Marcel Williams
Each of the above brings a wealth of experiences and expertise to their position, and we are excited to have them join our Palmerston team.
Some dates to take note of as we enter into a new school year 2019/2020
- November 11 - Remembrance Day Ceremony
- November 12 - Progress Reports Go Home
- November 14/15 - Parent/Teacher Interviews
- November 15 - PA Day (no school for students)
- November 25-29 - Gender Splendor Week
Parent Council 2019
The Palmerston Parent Council meets regularly to support our students' experiences at school.
On Thursday, September 26 we will hold our first meeting at 6:30 PM in the Library and we will vote in this year's Council members.
Currently, our Council members include;
Beth Janson —Treasurer
The Council meets on the last Thursday of each month at 6:30 PM in the Library. Childminding is available.
Council Meeting Dates (tentative):
Connecting With Our School
To access school information, we invite families to visit our Principal's Blog