Sunny View staff members genuinely care about our students and work in small and large teams to create a safe and caring environment where students can learn and grow at their own pace. We are committed to creating an equitable school culture where every student is included and respected. Developing reliable communication systems and allowing for student voice and choice in our programs is a priority. Our staff works with each student to meet his / her unique challenges, identify and recognize his / her personal potential, and move towards the greatest possible level of independence.
Our schools teams include:
- Special Education qualified teachers
- Educational Assistants
- Signing Educational Assistants and Deaf-Blind Interveners
- Special Needs Assistants
- Noon-Hour Assistants
- For students who require nursing support while at school, there are St. Elizabeth’s Health Care qualified nurses (coordinated through the Local Health Integration Network) on site.
In addition, teachers can access the consultative and collaborative services of:
- Occupational / Physiotherapists
- Speech-Language Pathologists
- Vision Itinerant teachers
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Itinerant teachers
- English as a Second Language Itinerant teachers
- Social workers
- Psycho-Educational Consultants
- The TDSB ASD/PDD Team
- Special Education Inclusion Consultants and Co-coordinators
We work closely with community organizations, including The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids), Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital, and specialized equipment providers. Parents are a valuable resource and wealth of knowledge about their children and we welcome and encourage input from family members.