School councils are an excellent way for parents/guardians to get involved in their child`s education. Our school has an elected school council that is an important forum for involving all members of the school community in issues that affect the education of students. The school council is made up of an elected committee of parents/guardians, staff and student representatives, appointed community members, the principal, and a general membership which includes all parents/guardians of children attending the school. The school council acts in an advisory capacity to the Principl, advising the Principal on a variety of issues and activities relating to student achievement, curriculum goals and priorities, school budget priorities, school safety, renovation plans, after school activities, and criteria for selection of new principals.
All parents/guardians are welcome to attend these sessions, whether or not they have elected to be a School Council member.
School council welcome letter
We look forward to seeing you at the upcoming School Council Meeting.
School Council Meetings 2023-2024
- September 26, 2023 at 6:30 - Woburn Staff Room
- November 30, 2023 at 6:30 - Woburn Staff Room
- February 22, 2024 at 6:30 - Woburn Staff Room
- May 14, 2024 at 6:30 - Woburn Staff Room
School Council Members 2023-2024:
Moosa Alloo - Chair
School Council Meetings 2022-2023
- September 20, 2022 at 6:30 pm - In-person
- October 18, 2022 at 6:30 pm - In-person
- November 22, 2022 at 6:30 pm - In-person - Meeting Minutes
- December 13, 2022 at 6:30 pm - Hybrid (virtual/in-person) - Meeting Minutes
- Rescheduled Date - March 2, 2023 at 7:00pm - In-person - Meeting Minutes
- April 18, 2023 at 6:30 pm - In-person