Our community, our city and our country need strong leaders. Our program offers experience and guidance in shaping leaders of the future. Some students come through our doors with experience in leadership roles. Others arrive with potential, ready to grow.
The Leadership Advantage Program welcomes all interested students. This program promotes leadership through opportunities that are both school-driven and student-driven.
Downsview Student Leaders show their involvement in several ways:
- Student Leaders are members of various clubs and groups at our school. Leadership Advantage students are part of our Student Council, our Truth and Reconciliation Team, our Robotics Club, our Athletic Association, our Black Brilliance Committee, the Sisterhood, Boys 2 Men, the QSA, sports teams and more.
- Our Leaders are active in our school, and are encouraged to be active in our community.
- Student Leaders rise to the call. When ambassadors are needed for school events, like Parents’ Nights, Grade 8 Visits and Assemblies, leaders play a valued role as greeters and guides.
- Student Leaders flex their voices. Leaders create events and programs that matter. On December 1st, a team of Student Leaders planned and ran a virtual Community Roadshow for all DSS students, highlighting community services and agencies. Their professionalism was trumped only by their enthusiasm. Upcoming projects? Stay tuned.
- Our Leaders’ efforts are often rewarded with the Student of the Week award, honouring outstanding character and/or contributions to our school and community.
Join the Leadership Advantage Program!
Grow as a Leader. Find your voice at Downsview.
Courses included in the program: GPP3O1, IDC4U1 and IDC4UP.