School Within A College Program is a student success initiative. The SWAC initiative is partnered by the Toronto District School Board (TDSB) and George Brown College (GBC) and Centennial College to offer secondary students the opportunity to earn secondary school credits and dual credit ‘General Education’ college credits with the continued goal for our students to complete their Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
Students must be:
- Between the ages of 17 to 20 years of age
- Potential to succeed in college and/or apprenticeship
- Should have completed 22 credits
- Readiness for applied learning (Co-op/Dual Credit/Credit Recovery)
- Completed Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test/Course as well as a Grade 12 English Credit
- Are in a graduating position
Transportation assistance is provided.
Students may earn up to 8 credits in an adult learning environment. Instruction is self-advocacy with literacy skills and learning strategies to prepare students for post-secondary education. Students will explore the college life and post-secondary programs. Students will have access to links to college career centres, libraries, student services, disability services, academic advising, counselling, and much more.