For your convenience, a partially completed 511C form is provided (pdf format)
To ensure a successful day, it is essential to review BOTH the Program Specific Information below AND the General Guidelines
Program Specific Information
- Organize students into groups of 4; maximum number of groups: 8.
- Before coming, remind students:
- this program is not “an outing”, it is a “work day”
- dress appropriately - as afternoon activities are completed “rain or shine”
- good sidewalk etiquette is required - walking in pairs behind each other and leaving enough space on the sidewalk for other pedestrians
- bring an extra bottle of water - no drinking fountains
- all program materials, including pencils and clipboards, are provided
- Students need to bring a packed lunch and a drink. Water only please. TUSC is a Platinum EcoSchool - Waste-Free Lunches are expected!
- When you get to the main door of Kensington Community School, press the buzzer beside the video camera and wait for the TUSC Staff to meet you. They will escort your class up to room 202-203.
- ADULTS may need three TTC tickets: one to get to Kensington CS, one to travel to University of Toronto after lunch (but we usually walk), and one to get back to school. TTC IS FREE FOR STUDENTS 12 YEARS OF AGE AND UNDER.
Location and Travel Instructions
The program begins at Kensington Community School
on College just east of Bathurst.The program ends at the King’s College Gates (near College and McCaul streets, just west of Queen’s Park subway station).