Toronto’s City Halls
For your convenience, a partially completed 511C form is provided
(pdf format). 511C Form for Toronto’s City Halls.To ensure a successful day, it is essential to review BOTH the Program Specific Information below AND the General Guidelines
Program Specific Information
1. To get the most out of the program, it is helpful if students have some basic knowledge about government; i.e. the names of the three levels of government, names of political leaders, the reason we have government, etc.
2. Before coming, remind students:
- this program is not “an outing”, it is a “work day”
- dress appropriately - afternoon activities are completed “rain or shine”
- good sidewalk etiquette is required - walking in pairs behind each other and leaving enough space on the sidewalk for other pedestrians
- bring an extra bottle of water - no drinking fountains
- all program materials, including pencils and clipboards, are provided
3. Students need two TTC tickets: one to get to the program and one to return to school.
4. Although lunch is in St. Lawrence Market, students should bring a packed lunch and a drink - time is limited and the booths are often very busy. TUSC is a Platinum EcoSchool - Waste-Free Lunches
Location and Travel Instructions
The Market Gallery Archives is located at 95 Front Street East (second floor of the South St. Lawrence Market
, south west corner of Front and Jarvis Streets).The program ends at Toronto’s City Hall, northwest corner of Queen Street East and Bay Streeet (one block west of the Queen Streeet Subway Station).
Go to Union Station; exit to Front Street and walk east to the South St. Lawrence Market. Go in the main entrance to meet TUSC staff.
by School Bus:
Busses stop on the south side of Front Street East at the main entrance to St. Lawrence Market.pick-up:
Students are picked up in front of the present City Hall (north west corner of Queen Street West and Bay Street).