Math: Rooted in Nature
For your convenience, a partially completed 511C form is provided (pdf format).
To ensure a successful day, it is essential to review BOTH the Program Specific Information below AND the General Guidelines!
Program Specific Information
1. Before coming, have students watch The Greenhouse
- a movie/podcast outlining what to expect for their visit; this reminds students:
- this program is not “an outing”, it is a “work day”
- dress in layers (e.g. a T-shirt and a sweater /sweatshirt) because the greenhouse is often warm
- bring labeled bottles of water - no drinking fountains at the Greenhouse
- all program materials, including pencils and clipboards, are provided
2. Divide the class into 3 groups
Program Location and Travel Instructions:
is located at 1 Danforth Avenue on the property of the Adult Learning Centre (south west corner of Broadview and Danforth Avenues). To get there:
Go to the Broadview Subway Station. Walk south on Broadview Avenue and cross to the south west corner of Broadview and Danforth Avenues (Pizza Pizza). Walk west on Danforth Avenue crossing the entrance ramp to the DVP and then walk south along the path at the City Adult Learning Centre by the chain link fence until you come to the Greenhouse.
by School Bus:
drop-off & pick-up:
Busses turn into the main entrance of the City Adult Learning Centre (the entrance is west of Broadview and runs south off Danforth Avenue). The Greenhouse is located on the east side of the school property.