Curriculum Links: Apptastic! with App Inventor
By participating in App Inventor, students have an opportunity to(direct connections are shown in bold):
Science and Technology
Understanding Structures and Mechanisms: Form and Function
- 1.1 evaluate the importance for individuals, society, the economy, and the environment of factors that should be considereddin designing and building...devices ti meet specific needs
Number Sense and Numeration
- solve multi-step problems arising from real-life contexts and involving whole numbers and decimals, using a variety of strategies (e.g., estimation, algorithms)
Variables, Expressions, and Equations
- model real-life relationships...
Data Management and Probability
Collection and Organization of Data
- collect and organize categorical, discrete, or continuous primary data...
- identify the main ideas in information materials and explain how the details support the main ideas
- select appropriate reading strategies - skim text for specific information; record key points...
- use a variety of strategies to determine the meaning of unfamiliar words
- use the special terminology in a particular area of study...
Oral & Visual Communication
- contribute collaboratively in group situations... (during lab work)
- work with members in their groups to establish clear purposes and procedures for solving problems and completing projects (e.g. doing lab work)
- evaluate the effectiveness of an informational media work... (using checklist to evaluate in Follow-up Activities)
- depending on the app built, and its uses, other connections to the Ontario Curriculum may apply