Apptastic! with App Inventor
For your convenience, a partially completed 511C form is provided
(pdf format) for App Inventor.To ensure a successful day, it is essential to review BOTH the Program Specific Information below AND the General Guidelines
Program Specific Information
- Before coming to the program, divide the students into pairs. Put two pairs of students together to form a working group of four. Please consider how students are partnered as they will be working together building various apps. In the case of "odd numbers", groups of 3 (1 student working alone on the computer) are preferred over groups of 5. Maximum number of groups: 8.
- Before coming, remind students:
- this program is not “an outing”, it is a “work day”
- all program materials are provided, no need to bring personal pencils, paper, etc.
- Students need to bring a packed lunch and a drink. TUSC is a Platinum EcoSchool - Waste-Free Lunches are expected!
- Students need two TTC tickets: one to get to the program and one to return to school.
Location and Travel Instructions
The Toronto Urban Studies Centre I.T. lab
is located in room A20 in Danforth Collegiate and Technical School, 800 Greenwood Avenue, one block north of Danforth Avenue at Strathmore Boulevard.
Go to the Greenwood Subway Station. Walk one block west along Strathmore Boulevard; enter the school via the the door at the south east corner of Greenwood and Strathmore Avenues and follow the signs to Room A20.
by School Bus:
Busses stop on the north side of Strathmore Boulevard. Enter by the south east door and follow the signs to Room A20. At the end of the day, students are picked up at the same location.