Mackenzie and the Reformers
For your convenience, a partially completed 511C form is provided
(pdf format). To ensure a successful day, it is essential to review BOTH the Program Specific Information below AND the General Guidelines
Program Specific Information
1. Before coming, remind students:
- this program is not “an outing”, it is a “work day”
- dress appropriately - program includes some walking
- good sidewalk etiquette is required - walking in pairs behind each other and leaving enough space on the sidewalk for other pedestrians
- bring an extra bottle of water - no drinking fountains
- behave appropriately when travelling on the TTC
- all program materials, including pencils and clipboards, are provided
2. Students may bring a packed lunch and a drink or purchase lunch in St. Lawrence Market. If you are a packing a lunch, remember TUSC is a Platinum EcoSchool - Waste-Free Lunches
3. On the day of the program TUSC Staff will meet you outside the main entrance to the market (at Jarvis and Front streets).
4. Participants need two TTC tickets
: one to get to the program and one to return to school.
Location and Travel Instructions
The program begins at St. Lawrence Market (south-west corner of Front Street East at Jarvis Street).
Go to the King Subway Station (Yonge-University Subway Line); exit to the south east corner of Yonge St. and King St. Walk two full blocks east to Jarvis Street, walk south on Jarvis to Front St.
At the end of the day, walk west on Dundas Street to Queen Station.
by School Bus:
St. Lawrence Market (south market), Front Street East at Jarvis Street. Pick-up:
Mackenzie House, 82 Bond Street (Bond Street runs north off Queen Street East, two blocks east of Yonge Street).