Map with GIS 7
For your convenience, a partially completed 511C Form is provided (pdf format). To ensure a successful day, it is essential to review BOTH the Program Specific Information below AND the General Guidelines!
You may download the morning activity worksheet (and the answers for the worksheet), or the afternoon "Debaters" page.
Program Specific Information
1. Before coming to the program, divide the students into pairs. Please consider how students are partnered as they will be working together all day to complete a variety of activities.
2. Put two pairs together to make a table group of 4.
3. Before coming, remind students:
- this program is not “an outing”, it is a “work day”
- bring an extra bottle of water
- all program materials, including pencils, are provided
4. Students need to bring a packed lunch and a drink. TUSC is a Platinum EcoSchool - Waste-Free Lunches
5. Students need two TTC tickets (unless they are 12 or younger): one to get to the program and one to return to school.
Location and Travel Instructions
The Toronto Urban Studies Centre I.T. lab
is located in room A20 in Danforth Collegiate and Technical Institute, 800 Greenwood Avenue, one block north of Danforth Avenue at Strathmore Boulevard.
Go to the Greenwood Subway Station. Walk one block west along Strathmore Boulevard; enter the school via the the door at the south east corner of Greenwood and Strathmore Avenues and follow the signs to Room A20.
by School Bus:
Busses stop on the north side of Strathmore Boulevard. Enter by the south east door and follow the signs to Room A20. At the end of the day, students are picked up at the same location.
Post Visit Activity
Teachers may want to consider using this extension activity from the June 2015