Touring the Tunnels
For your convenience, a partially completed 511C form is provided
(pdf format). 511C Form for Touring the Tunnels.To ensure a successful day, it is essential to review BOTH the Program Specific Information below AND the General Guidelines
Program Specific Information
1. Before coming to the program, divide the students into small working groups (4 to 6 per group).
2. Before coming, remind students:
- “travel light” - you need to carry everything you bring
- the program takes place indoors - dress in layers so coats can be placed in knapsacks
- you are walking in private, not public space - following instructions is very important!
- bring a bottle of water - no drinking fountains
- this program is not “an outing”, it is a “work day” - lots of energy is needed
- all program materials, including pencils and clipboards, are provided
3. Students need two TTC tickets
: one to get to the program and one to return to school.
Location and Travel Instructions
The program begins and ends in the Great Hall of Union Station
; TUSC staff meet you by the clock. Note: Union Station, the train station, is located on Front Street across from the Royal York Hotel. It is accessible from Union Subway Station. The Great Hall is on the main floor (street level) of the train station.
Take the subway to Union Station; exit to the train station and go upstairs to the Great Hall.
by School Bus:
Busses stop in front of Union Station (south side of Front Street West between Bay and York Streets). All street level entrances take you to the Great Hall. At the end of the program, students are picked up in the same place.