Curriculum Links: Working with Plants
This program is non-graded as it is directed primarily at special needs students; therefore specific curriculum links may not be appropriate to your class.
However, since the content of the program most directly supports the grade 3 curriculum, these connections are outlined.
By participating in Working with Plants, students have an opportunity to:
Science and Technology - Life Systems
Relating Science and Technology to Society and the Environment
- 1.2 assess the impact of different human activities on plants, and list personal actions they can engage in to minimize harmful effects and enhance good effects
Developing Investigation and Communication Skills
- 2.2 follow established safety procedures....
- 2.6 use appropriate science and technology vocabulary in oral and (if activity sheets are used) written communication
Understanding Basic Concepts
- 3.1 describe the basic needs of plants including air, water, light, warmth, and space
Language - Oral and Visual Communication
- contribute ideas appropriate to the topic in group discussion and listen to the ideas of others